You are here
TextWise has been on the cutting edge of natural language processing and semantic analysis for almost twenty years. Founded in 1994 to provide unique solutions to the U.S. intelligence, finance and intellectual property communities, TextWise has since expanded to support a wide array of information-intensive industries, including CRM, eCommerce, social media and marketing.
In 1998, TextWise received the prestigious Tibbetts award from the U.S. Small Business Administration for being a "model of excellence" in technological innovation, economic impact and business achievement. The following decade saw TextWise expand its footprint in this nascent field, producing a series of industry firsts, including:
- The first commercial search system based primarily on natural language processing, or DR-LINK (Document Retrieval using Linguistic Knowledge)
- The first language-neutral conceptual representation to drive cross-language search (CINDOR)
- The first combined use of neural networks and genetic algorithms via new machine learning techniques
- The first software agents that adapt and learn with neurogenetic algorithms
- The first successful commercial text summarization and readable compression specifically tailored for mobile email messaging
- The first effective automatic analysis of patents for claim-by-claim infringement (MAPIT)
- The first generated Semantic Signatures® with automatic disambiguation and labeled dimensions on queries and documents
- The first scalable, automated, semantic search technology via an API
In 2006, TextWise introduced its revolutionary Contextual Merchandising solution, a fully automated, real-time contextual advertising system. Contextual Merchandising provides a robust, scalable and easily maintained platform for advertisers and publishers to more accurately target audiences and display pages for their products.
In 2008, TextWise developed the first fully automated semantic services API. The TextWise API allows software developers to wrap TextWise semantic technology into their own Web or enterprise applications, simply by signing up through our self-service portal. TextWise semantic technologies capture the meaning of documents, allowing users to move beyond the fickle demands of keyword search and into a more human mode of comprehension. Semantic search can decipher multiple meanings and topics within a single document.
TextWise continues to provide revolutionary semantic technology, particularly for intellectual property and CRM applications.